Unity Basics – Learn Coding in a Fun Way (C#)
Learning how to code can be very daunting and confusing when you’re new to programming.
What if you could learn coding in a fun way that quickly shows you the end result?
Whether you’re passionate about video games or are simply looking to build your coding skills, this course is for you.
You are going to learn the basics of C# and the Unity engine by making a game. This course consists of a series of video tutorials that show you exactly how to create that game step by step. The end result is a 2D platformer where the player has to reach the finish line while avoiding the spikes on the way.
By learning how to make this simple game, you will acquire the coding essentials that allow you to take on larger and more complex projects with confidence.
Who is this course for?
- Both beginners and more experienced coders
- Computer programming students
- Aspiring video game developers
Why choose Unity over other engines?
- Beginner-friendly and intuitive
- Extensive online resources
- A large and supportive community
- No limits to what you can create
- Smash hits like Hollow Knight, Hearthstone, and Ori and the Blind Forest were developed on Unity
What does this course cover?
- The basic tools of the Unity editor
- How to use gameobjects and components
- The basics of C#
- How to control the gameobjects’ movement, animations and collisions with code
- How to create a playable level
- How to create an interactive user interface
- How to build the game on PC and on Android
Why choose this course?
This course is the results of two years of intensive testing and constant polishing based on over 100 feedback pieces. We also created it with the help of Supercell and Seriously Digital Entertainment, two successful video game developers.
Moreover, our team has held over 20 workshops using the tutorial videos in this course.
Fun fact: this course is voiced by Kristiina Brask.
But above all, most courses are in English which can make learning difficult. This is the only course that teaches you Unity and C# basics in Finnish.
We also offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so there’s no risk involved on your part.
So learn the basics of coding and let your creativity shine!
- Kesto 2 hours 22 minutes
- Taitotaso All levels
- Kieli English
Unity Basics downloadable package - You need this for the course
Unity Basics #1
- Episode 1 – Initial setup & navigation
- Episode 2 – Gameobject and components
- Episode 3 – Setting up the player
- Episode 4 – Introduction to programming
- Episode 5 – Moving the player
- Episode 6 – First animations
- Episode 7 – Animation transitions
- Episode 8 – Setting up the level
- Episode 9 – Collisions
- Episode 10 – Jumping
- Episode 11 – User interface
- Episode 12 – Main menu
- Episode 13 – Extra level
- Episode 14 – Decorations
- Episode 15 – Building the game
- Episode 16 – Building the game on Android
Nice course would do again